Sika® M-Bed® Standard
Non-Shrink, Gassing, Cementitious Grout
- Volume Stability - The gassing agent reacts with the alkaline cement paste in a controlled manner commencing with the addition of the gauge water. This regulated reaction produces a gas (in its molecular form), which is dispersed as minuscule bubbles throughout the entire mix, inducing a homogeneous expansion of up to 3%. The chemical reaction continues until the gassing agent is completely consumed (approx. 2 to 3 hours) leaving the set Sika M-Bed Standard in permanent contact with the structural member being grouted.
- Range of Placing Consistencies - Flowability agents provide the mechanism, which allows Sika M-Bed Standard to be placed at consistencies ranging from dry-pack to flowable, with rH161elatively low water/cement ratios still being maintained.
- Strength Development - The rapid strength development, both in compression and in flexure, provides for early loading, specifically when used at the drier consistencies.
- Large Temperature Range - Sika M-Bed Standard may be subjected to prolonged in- service temperatures ranging from sub-zero to 176°C (348°F) without significant variation in strengths.
- Effective in Freeze/Thaw Conditions - Sika M-Bed Standard has been proved effective in the harsh northern climatic regions of Canada and abroad where conditions of freeze/thaw exist.
- Effective in Wet Conditions - The absence of metallic aggregate or residue allows usage in most conditions encountered in exterior exposure such as wet-dry cycling and continuous wet.
- Compatible with Steel - There are no chlorides present in Sika M-Bed Standard, therefore placement in conjunction with prestressing steel cables or reinforcing bars is not a constraint.
- Formulated with inert, non-reactive aggregates to eliminate potential Alkali-Aggregate Reactivity (AAR).
- Approved by the Ministère des Transports du Québec
- Ontario Ministry of Transport acceptance. (Reports MI-110 and MI-120).
- Approved by the Alberta Ministry of Transportation.