Sikagard®-550 W Elastic
Sikagard®-550 W Elastic is a water-dispersed and acrylic-based elastomeric coating for protective and decorative applications. It bridges micro-cracks, minimises carbon dioxide, water and chloride ingress and aesthetically enhances structures. Sikagard®-550 W Elastic may be used in conjunction with Sikagard® Elastic Base Coat where a textured and economic undercoat is required and/or with Sikagard®-552 W Aqua Primer where an excessively porous or chalky surface is to be coated.
- Easily applied, typically self-priming and cost-effective.
- Bridges moving cracks even at low and sub-zero temperatures .
- Effectively prevents carbonation and is an excellent chloride barrier.
- Water vapour permeable, allowing structures to breathe.
- Provides resistance to weathering, frost and de-icing salts.
- Excellent long-term UV light resistance and good colour stability.
- Extremely resistant to dirt pick-up and mildew.
- Non-toxic and non-flammable, as a system.
- An environmentally-friendly, low-VOC containing and water-based coating.
- Ministry of Transport Québec acceptance.
- Product qualified by The Road Authority (TRA).
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency acceptance.