Sikafloor®-19 NA PurCem®
Sikafloor®-19 NA PurCem® is a state-of the-art, trowel grade, heavy duty, phthalate-free, water dispersed polyurethane-based/cement and aggregate screed applicable in thicknesses ranging from 6 to 9 mm (1/4 to 3/8 in). It is designed to provide excellent resistance to abrasion, impact, chemical attack, thermal shock and other physical aggression and has a textured aggregate surface providing moderate slip resistance. Selected aggregate can be broadcast onto the wet screed to increase the surface texture. Sikafloor®-19 NA PurCem® represents superior polyurethane/cement technology, combining easier application, resistance to blistering and improved performance.
- Can be applied onto 7 to 10 day old concrete after adequate preparation and where substrate has tensile bond strength in excess of 1.5 MPa (218 psi).
- Longer pot life permits increased productivity with less waste.
- Resists a very wide range of organic and inorganic acids, alkalis, amines, salts and solvents. Consult Sika Technical Sales for full details. Refer to the Sikafloor® PurCem® Chemical Resistance Chart.
- Similar coefficient of thermal expansion to concrete allowing movement with the substrate through normal thermal cycling.
- Performs and retains its physical characteristics through a wide temperature range from -40 °C (-40 °F) up to 120 °C (248 °F).
- Superior formulation eliminates formation of blisters, such as those arising out of application during elevated temperatures or early and multiple layer applications.
- Steam cleanable at 6 - 9 mm (1/4 - 3/8 in) thickness. Can also be easily maintained using commonly employed methods and phenol free detergents.
- Bond strength in excess of the tensile strength of concrete: concrete will fail first.
- Non-taint, odourless and phthalate-free, avoiding associated toxicity to health and environmental hazards.
- Behaves plastically under impact; deforms but will not crack or debond.
- Natural textured surface through the entire life of the product.
- Extra expansion joints are not necessary; simply maintain and extend existing expansion joints up through the Sikafloor® PurCem® Flooring System.
- Achieves highest performance ratings according to ASTM G21 resistance to fungi and ASTM D3273 resistance to mold growth.
- Potential LEED® Canada Credits: IEQ 4.2- Low Emitting Material – Industrial Maintenance Coatings.
- Meet the requirements of CFIA and USDA for use in food plants.