Sikafloor®-24 NA PurCem®
Sikafloor®-24 NA PurCem® is a state-of-the-art, medium duty, phthalate-free, water dispersed
polyurethane-based/cement and aggregate screed, applicable at thicknesses ranging from 2 to 4 mm (80 to 160 mils). It is designed to be installed as a self-levelling floor topping that provides an easy-to-clean, smooth surface with medium slip resistance values and is typically used for general, industrial applications. Sikafloor®-24 NA PurCem® represents superior polyurethane/ cement technology, combining easier application, resistance to blistering and improved performance.
- Can be applied onto 7 to 10 day old concrete after adequate preparation and where substrate has tensile bond strength in excess of 1.5 MPa (218 psi).
- Easy installation requiring less labour to install than traditional Sikafloor® PurCem® trowel grade materials.
- Longer pot life permits increased productivity with less waste.
- Wide range of application temperatures from 7°C (45°F) minimum to 38°C (100°F) maximum.
- Resists a very wide range of organic and inorganic acids, alkalis, amines, salts and solvents.
Consult Sika Technical Sales for full details. Refer to the Sikafloor® PurCem® Chemical Resistance Chart.
- Good abrasion resistance, providing cost effective and durable floor topping.
- Similar coefficient of thermal expansion to concrete allowing movement with the substrate through normal thermal cycling.
- Performs and retains its physical characteristics through a wide, wet or dry temperature range from -5°C (41°F) at 2.0 mm and -10°C (14°F) at 4.0 mm up to 120°C (248°F).
- Superior formulation eliminates formation of blisters, such as those arising out of application during elevated temperatures or early and multiple layer applications.
- Bond strength in excess of the tensile strength of concrete, concrete will fail first.
- Non-taint, odourless and phthalate-free, avoiding associated toxicity to health and environmental hazards.
- Behaves plastically under impact; deforms but will not crack or debond.
- Extra expansion joints are not necessary; simply maintain and extend existing expansion joints up through the Sikafloor® PurCem® Flooring System.
- Compatible with a wide range of Sikafloor epoxy or polyurethane resin sealers, enabling UVstable sealer to be applied where required. Consult Sika Technical Sales for full details.
- Easily maintained using commonly employed methods and phenol free detergents.
- Achieves highest performance ratings according to ASTM G21 resistance to fungi and ASTM D3273 resistance to mold growth.
- Potential LEED® Canada Credits: IEQ 4.2- Low Emitting Material – Industrial Maintenance Coatings.