Sika® WT-240 P
Sika® WT-240 P is an integral powdered crystalline-based permeability-reducing admixture (PRA) for use in various watertight concrete applications. As part of Sika’s ‘’White Box Concept’’, Sika® WT-240 P may be used for above and below ground structures.
Sika® WT-240 P is a plant-added, crystalline-based permeability reducing admixture. It uses a unique combination of active ingredients, which react with the moisture within the concrete and with various products of the cement hydration process. This interaction forms insoluble compounds throughout the capillary and air void system in concrete matrix, resulting in the reduced ability of concrete to conduct water flow.
Use of Sika® WT-240 P in watertight concrete application can result in:
- Lower construction cost compared to traditional types of waterproofing
- Simple one-step use results in reduced application time and faster construction process
- Uniform waterproofing throughout the entire concrete volume
- Improved resistance against hydrostatic pressure
- Elimination of risk related to surface damage during construction process
- Ability to seal concrete cracks up to 0.40 mm (0.016 in)
- Easy application due to repulpable bags
- Negligeable effect on concrete workability
- Provides integral waterproofing
- Increase concrete resistance to chemical attacks