SikaSwell® A is a specially formulated range of high-performance, swellable, acrylic profiles for the waterstopping of all kinds of construction joints. When in contact with water, or certain solutions, the profiles expand to form a compression seal, blocking the passage of water and liquids.
- Easy to apply
- Can be installed onto different substrates
- Highly economical and quick to install
- No hardening time required
- No welding required
- Adaptable to fit different detailing
- Range of types and dimensions available
- Swells in contact with water and liquids
- Can swell into cracks and gaps
- Resistant to water and various chemical substances
- Long-term reliablility tested
- Independent assessment of SikaSwell® A profiles includes:
- Function application in construction joints: Wissbau® Consulting Engineers : 2002-094.
- Testing of material and swelling properties: Material Testing Institute of Northern Rhein - Westfalia (MPA NRW).
- Mechanical long time stability: FH Aachen - University of Applied Sciences.
- Resistance to water pressure and durability (SikaSwell® A-2010): British Board of Agrement 13/4994.