ONE-PART POLYURETHANE, EXTRUDABLE SWELLING WATERSTOP (BENTONITE-FREE)
SikaSwell® S-2 is a specially formulated, high performance, swellable, one-component, polyurethane-based waterstop for use in all kinds of construction joints. Swelling rubber creates a compression seal within joint, blocking the passage of water.
- Swells up to 100 % in potable water, slightly less in salt water and wastewater.
- Permanently water resistant, with no leaching and does not dissolve in water.
- Capable of sealing construction joints with head pressures of up to 345 KPa (50 psi) or 35 m Hydrostatic head (115 ft hyd. head).
- Elastic - withstands wet/dry cycling.
- Easy, simple application.
- Adaptable in the field to suit job requirements.
- No nails, glue, or hooks required.
- Controlled expansion eliminates cracking in fresh concrete.
- Offers resistance to various chemicals.
- Thixotropic properties allow SikaSwell® S-2 to seal irregular joint surfaces.
- Very economical.
- Saves labour by eliminating inverted keyways, split forming, heat splicing, special fittings and tieing to rebar associated with conventional PVC waterstops.
- No mixing required.
- Allows more thorough vibration of concrete at joint, resulting in better concrete consolidation which aids in achieving a watertight joint.