What is 3D Concrete Printing?
Cementitious 3D construction printing (3DCP) or 3D concrete printing is a form of additive manufacturing used to fabricate buildings or construction components in completely new shapes not previously possible with traditional concrete formwork.
What are the benefits of using 3D Concrete Printing on a project?
- Ultimate “form follows function” efficiency: new design possibilities to leverage optimal structural forms by combining materials and features
- New customized, complex designs and structures possibleLower construction costs
- Digitalize and industrialize your process to streamline construction and reduce material waste
- Improve production of higher quality elements by utilizing machine-perfect fabrication
- Time saving and increased productivity: automated process with less labor, no formwork and immediate setting 3D ink
A fundamental change is taking place in construction, heralded by digitalization.
Building processes can be optimized with time and money saved with advanced technologies offering greater design flexibility.
A New Construction Method
3D Printing at Sika
Sika Leads The Way in 3D Concrete Printing
- Industry-ready: Ready to pursue more industrial scale partnerships and projects, partnerships with leading universities and industry partners already in place
- Complete support: from CAD and technical design support to material supplier for Sika-formulated ink
- Sika’s unique know-how: automation with pulsment process control and extrusion by the Sika MiniShot system
- Unique formulation of 3D mortars with setting on demand with Sika accelerators
- Concrete technology and mix design powered by Sika® ViscoCrete® with formulation expertise from Sika’s specialists
- Fully automated system to follow strength from mixing to hardening
- Sika fiber technology for stability
- Color on demand: three dosing pumps enable quick and precise color changes
- Fastest speed of continuous 3D printing with the most precise technology available on the market
- Perfectly precise print head developed by Sika’s 3D research team at the Sika Technology Center in Switzerland
- Sika is the only company capable of supplying all the technologies needed for industrial 3D concrete printing from a single source
Our Concrete 3D Printing is Industrialization Ready!
Printer size up to
to build large precast parts
Horizontal and vertical speed up to
and 20 cm/min, absolute accuracy of < 1 mm
Technology Center for prototyping
on printing processes, innovative materials and admixtures for 3D printing
at the European World of Concrete