Accelerated Set Times and Strength Development: SikaSet NC may be used to accelerate set times and increase early strength gain where job-site efficiency is important in order to meet construction deadlines. SikaSet NC saves time and money by allowing faster finishing and stripping of concrete surfaces.
- Accelerated setting time across a wide range of temperatures.
- Increased early and ultimate compressive and flexural strengths.
- Insulation and heating costs during curing time are reduced.
- Accelerated set times allow crews to finish concrete earlier, saving on labor costs.
- Earlier stripping and reuse of forms increases labor productivity.
- Accelerated strength gain allows earlier structural use and speeds completion time.
SikaSet NC does not contain calcium chloride or any other intentionally added chlorides and will not initiate or promote the corrosion of steel members present in the concrete.
Cold Weather Concreting: At the recommended dosage rate SikaSet NC will protect concrete from freezing in most sub-freezing temperature conditions and may reduce the need for cold weather concreting practices as specified in ACI 306 - Standard Specification for Cold Weather Concreting.