Sikament®-100 SC is an anti-washout admixture specially designed for the underwater placement of concrete and grout. The admxiture is formulated with a unique bipolymer that Increases mix cohesiveness and imparts a variable viscosity characteristic to concrete and grout. Sikament®-100 SC produces concrete that becomes fluid and flowable when sheared or mechanically agitated such as during pumping operations. This characteristic enables concrete to flow easily through and into confined spaces. When at rest, the concrete will revert to a dense, high viscous, consistency. This cohesive cement paste matrix promotes high compressive and flexural strength development.
- Reduces or eliminates the need to dewater underwater construction sites before concrete construction or concrete placement can take place: Concrete can be placed by pump or tremie directly into areas covered by water
- Concrete matrix integrity is maintained during high slump placements and washout is reduced from the surface during curing
- Reduce or eliminate dewatering costs associated with underwater construction
- Concrete is easy to pump and flows readily into available spaces
- Segregation and dilution are reduced, in-place compressive and bond strengths are significantly increased
- Laitance on concrete surface caused by cement paste washout during curing is reduced or eliminated
- Active slump life of the concrete is doubled without extended delays in setting time