Sika® ViscoCrete®-1000 is a high range water-reducer utilizing the combination of Sika® ViscoCrete® and Sika® ViscoFlow® Technology. Its unique formulation is based on polycarboxylate technology.
High-Range Water Reducing Applications: When used as a high range water reducing admixture, water reduction up to 35 % can be obtained. The superplasticizing action allows for the production of high slump flowing concrete with excellent workability and extended slump retention that can be placed with minimum vibration even at a low water/cement ratio. The dispersing action of Sika® ViscoCrete®-1000 maximizes cement hydration efficiency and improves concrete’s early and long term compressive strengths. Extended slump retention does not have negative effect on setting times. Mid-Range Water Reducing Applications: At a lower dosage, Sika® ViscoCrete®-1000 can be used as a cost effective mid range water reducing admixture or simply as a water reducing admixture for production of conventional slump concrete. When used as a mid range water reducing admixture, water reduction up to 15 % can be obtained. This application is ideal for use with lean, harsh concrete mixes or concrete containing flyash. Sika® ViscoCrete®-1000 will improve workability and finishability.
The combined water reducing and superplasticizing action provide the following benefits:
- Higher early and ultimate strengths for cost effective high strength concrete and earlier structural use of concrete.
- Higher early strengths allow faster demolding and more efficient use of forms to precast producers.
- Improved slump retention will extend workability without negative effect on setting time characteristics of the concrete mixture.
- Increased slump improves workability and reduces labor costs.
- Greater concrete density reduces permeability and increases durability.
Sika® ViscoCrete®-1000 does not contain calcium chloride or any other intentionally added chlorides and will not initiate or contribute to corrosion on steel reinforcement present in the concrete.