Sika® ViscoCrete®-225 P
Sika® ViscoCrete®-225 Powder is a third generation high range water reducing and superplasticizing powder admixture for use in concrete and mortar. It is based on Sika’s patented ViscoCrete® polycarboxylate polymer technology.
Sika® ViscoCrete®-225 Powder is a unique, specially formulated polycarboxylate powder that combines different mechanisms and is compatible with a variety of cement chemistries. Through surface adsorption and steric separation effect on the binder particles, in parallel to the hydration process, the following advantages may be observed:
- Effective when utilized with cements that have high C3A, sulphate and alkali content.
- Effective when utilized with ordinary portland cements (OPC) and blends of OPC and aluminate cements.
- Compatible with other additives (i.e. citric acid).
- Extremely high water reduction (resulting in high density and strengths).
- Excellent flowability.
- Increased high early strength development.
- Improved shrinkage and creep behavior.
- Low absorption time.
- Medium retardation.
- Ideal for use in self-levelling, self-compacting applications.