Sheet membrane systems are reliable and durable thermoplastic waterproofing solutions that can fulfill the requirements of even the most demanding below-ground structures, including those exposed to highly aggressive ground conditions and stress.
Sheet membrane systems are a popular choice, as they are designed to withstand exposure and stress extremes such as:
High levels of water pressure
Aggressive groundwater containing chemicals (sulfates and chlorides in solution)
Unequal static forces due to settlements or uplift
Dynamic forces due to earthquakes
Sika’s Sheet Membrane Systems Have Many Advantages
- Sika provides a full range of accessories as well as special detailing solutions to meet the most demanding situation.
- Our systems are either compartmentalized, active-controlled or fully-bonded, which limits water underflow in case of local leaks due to damage / perforated membrane during or after construction work.
- Resistant to many chemicals, our sheet membrane systems ensure high protection to the concrete against aggressive gases or even groundwater with the presence of seawater.
- Water tightness of the entire system before concreting and backfilling is guaranteed thanks to high quality control on site with double-welded seams. Testing is possible with compressed air, vacuums and electronic detectors.
- Very high flexibility of sheet membranes allow easy installation and completion of details that results in faster membrane installation.
- Fast application is possible even at low temperatures, as our solutions do not require any curing/waiting times nor primers.
- Long-term track record with over 45 years of experience and extensive test reports confirm high performance, security and reliability of Sika membrane waterproofing systems, which ensures a very long service life of the waterproofed basement or below-grade structure.
- Sikaplan® PVC and TPO highly flexible sheet membrane systems protect any concrete structure - can be built as standard single layer compartment systems up to the active control system to meet the highest demands.
- SikaProof®, a fully-bonded TPO membrane system, offers customers high waterproofing safety and installation efficiency and is typically used for basements or below-grade areas.
Typical Application Fields for Our Membranes
Highly flexible membrane systems protect any concrete structure up to the highest requirements.
Loose laid Sikaplan® PVC and TPO sheet membrane systems are designed for long-term durability and can be built as standard single layer compartment systems up to an active control system to meet the highest demands.
SikaProof®, a fully-bonded TPO membrane system offers customers high waterproofing safety and installation efficiency, typically used for waterproofing basement structures.
A tunnel structure has to be waterproofed either with a drainage system, a waterstop system or with the active control system comprising of a sealed double layer membrane system tested by vacuum reaching the highest safety.
Sikaplan® PVC and TPO sheet membrane systems are designed for long-term durability and ease of application to meet these needs. The membrane systems include accessories and special solutions made to accommodate even the most complex details.
Lining of private or public indoor/outdoor swimming pools can be done with loose laid and peripheral fixed Sikaplan® PVC sheet membranes in various colors. For natural swimming ponds, a special TPO membrane is available.
Waterproofing lining with loose laid TPO sheet membranes is very durable and a perfect technical solution in new construction and renovation of reservoirs.
Sikaplan® drinking water membranes fulfill the highest hygienic standards and are designed for efficient and fast application.
Pond linings with sheet membranes are used in potable water reservoirs for irrigation and clean water processing. Special membranes for artificial lakes and retention ponds require special sheet membranes to protect the subsoil and groundwater against pollution.
Sikaplan® membranes in PVC or FPO/TPO are perfectly suitable either left exposed or protected and ballasted.
Retention pools or tanks for sewage water or chemical effluents require chemically resistant linings for protection of the subsoil and groundwater against pollution.
Depending on your specific project requirements, you may choose either Sikaplan® PVC or TPO sheet membranes to meet your project needs.
Sika’s Experts Provide Assistance to Benefit your Business
Contact a Sika expert near you for technical support and locally available products and systems.
Contact Sika's global representative in case you need our support in an international project.