Corrosion Inhibiting Admixture Sika FerroGard 901 offers owners, specifiers, port authorities, transport ministries and engineers a proven technology in corrosion inhibition that is easily added to ready-mix or precast concrete and repair mortars or grouts. This dual action inhibitor dramatically delays the initiation of corrosion and greatly reduces ongoing corrosion activity.
- Multifunctional inhibitor, active at both anodic and cathodic sites of a corrosion cell.
- High vapour pressure characteristic of inhibitor results in penetration through concrete.
- High affinity for steel enables displacement of chloride ions from metal surfaces.
- Forms a physical, high integrity and absorbed layer on the surface of embedded steel.
- Continuous barrier protects reinforcement from corrosion caused by loss of alkalinity.
- Creates an environment which restricts influence of moisture and oxygen in concrete.
- Material performance is supported by significant test data and track record.