Sikadur® VPC is a design mix of modified vinyl ester resin with catalyst and preblended aggregate. This unique combination produces a high performance polymer concrete with outstanding physical and chemical properties. By varying the aggregate to resin ratio, suitable mortars can be obtained for pouring or trowelling down to -20 °C (-4 °F) at thicknesses ranging from 25 - 500 mm (1 - 20 in).
- Sikadur® VPC is fast to cure, reaching high strength within a few hours.
- May be poured or troweled into place.
- Sikadur® VPC may be placed at temperatures as low as -40 °C (-40 °F). It cures as the temperature reaches -20 °C (-4 °F). It may be placed on frozen dry surfaces.
- Will adhere to damp rocks or concrete at above freezing temperatures. Best results are obtained by drying the substrate.
- Tests conducted by Ontario Hydro confirm that Sikadur® VPC has better resistance to creep than well-cured 30 MPa (4350 psi) concrete when tested at 23 °C (73 °F). At 38 °C (100 °F), the creep resistance of both materials is similar.
- High chemical resistance to a wide variety of acids, alkalies and salts as it is based on vinyl ester resin technology.
- Ministry of Transport Québec acceptance.