Self-Adhered Roofing System
When your project demands absolute system integrity with maximum watertight security, Sika Sarnafil’s self-adhered roofing system is for you. The system consists of the robust G 476 Self-Adhered (SA) membrane, a composite sheet comprised of Sarnafil G 476 roofing membrane with a closed-cell foam backing. The foam backing is factory-coated with a pressure sensitive adhesive and is perfect for new construction over concrete decks. It can also be used effectively on renovation projects where the old roofing system can be removed completely, or where a new concrete topping slab is placed over the structural deck.
Sarnafil G 476 SA also doesn’t require hot asphalt kettles or flammable adhesives like other adhered roofing systems. This improves worker and job site safety and is much better for the environment.
Below are some of the reasons why a self-adhered roofing system might be the best fit for your project.
Concrete pavers are made in a factory rather than poured on site. Concrete pavers are a mixture of concrete and some type of coloring agent poured into a mold of some shape and allowed to set.
Adjustable Paver Pedestal
Paver pedestals go under the paver and can be adjusted up or down to make your plaza deck level. Pedestals are designed to hold the weight of the paver as well as foot or vehicle traffic.
A concrete slab is a common structural element of modern buildings, consisting of a flat, horizontal surface made of cast concrete that can be used in areas such as the floor or the roof.
Self-Adhered Roofing System Benefits:
- Proven Sarnafil membrane
- Factory-manufactured and easy to install
- No dangerous and environmentally unfriendly asphalt and blow torches
- Self-adhered bond mitigates potential water migration
- Closed cell foam backing with pressure sensitive adhesive
- Conforms to minor substrate irregularities
- The bright orange Sarnafil G 476 membrane makes it easy to identify and inspect to maintain high levels of quality assurance and control during construction
- Watertight with hot-air welded seam overlaps
- Root and decay resistant membrane
- Membrane designed for extreme conditions such as low alkaline levels, fungi, bacterial organisms, constant dampness and ponding water
Sarnafil G 476 Self-Adhered Membrane
Sarnafil G 476 SA combines the time-tested, proven performance of Sarnafil G 476 roofing membrane with the added security of an adhered sheet system. G 476 SA provides ‘peace of mind’ for specifiers and owners who value the benefits of an adhered system and thermoplastic technology.
The flexible foam backing layer conforms to minor irregularities in the substrate and provides a cushion for the G 476 roofing membrane. The pressure sensitive adhesive provides a tenacious bond to the substrate mitigating potential water migration under the membrane. The integration of G 476 membrane with a foam backing layer and pressure sensitive adhesive eliminates the need for a field installed separation layer and adhesives. This ‘all-in-one’ product increases applicator productivity and helps keep the project on schedule.