Unlike in a traditional roofing system where the membrane is attached to the substrate by adhesive or plates and screws, in a roofing system you are able to loosely lay the Sarnafil G 476 membrane down without any attachment due to the fact that the membrane is the bottom layer in the system and will have things like pavers or soil on top to keep it down. The Sarnafil G 476’s seams are also hot-air welded for maximum water tightness.
Below are some of the reasons why a loose-laid roofing system might be the best fit for your project.
Loose Laid System Advantages
- Proven Sarnafil membrane
- Lightweight and easy to install
- A heavy duty polypropylene geotextile leveling layer minimizes expensive surface preparation
- Can be installed over damp or irregular surfaces in any temperature
- The bright orange Sarnafil G 476 membrane makes it easy to identify and inspect to maintain high levels of quality assurance and control during construction
- Watertight with hot-air welded seam overlaps
- Root and decay resistant membrane
- Membrane designed for extreme conditions such as low alkaline levels, fungi, bacterial organisms, constant dampness and ponding water
- Factory-manufactured sheet for quality control