ADVANCED GENERATION, SURFACE-APPLIED AND MIGRATING CORROSION INHIBITOR IMPREGNATION FOR REINFORCED CONCRETE
- Sika FerroGard®-903+ offers owners, port authorities, DOTs, and engineers a new technology in corrosion inhibition that can easily be applied to existing concrete surfaces to economically extend service life of any reinforced concrete structure.
- Protects against the harmful effects of corrosion by penetrating the surface of even the most dense oncrete and migrating to the steel to inhibit corrosion.
- Enhances the durability of reinforced concrete.
- Does not require concrete removal.
- Organic in nature and environmentally friendly.
- Does not contain calcium nitrite.
- Easily applied by either spray or roller to all existing reinforced concrete.
- Can be applied on reinforced concrete that already exhibits some corrosion.
- Adds additional benefits when used prior to protective coatings in concrete restoration systems.
- Water-based for easy handling and application.
- Not a vapour barrier; allows vapour diffusion.
- Does not change the appearance of the concrete.
- Allows easier and faster application of subsequent mortars, sealers and coatings.
- Penetration depth and reduction of corrosion currents can be measured on jobsite using Sika “Qualitative Analysis Test”.
- Provides long term protection and durability.
- Protects both anodic and cathodic sites on reinforcing steel.
- Amino alcohols-based corrosion inhibitors have proven effective in both laboratory and field analysis as part of the Strategic Highway Research Program (SHRP-S-666).