Sika’s Davand Dr. location closing – New shipping procedures (Mississauga, ON)
Dear Valued Customers:
In an effort to optimize our logistics and always aim at providing the highest quality service to our customers, we wanted to inform you of changes to our Ontario operations. To this effect, Sika will be closing its Mississauga facility located 6915 Davand Dr.; the last day of operation will be on Friday, December 10 (cross dock only), 2021. Furthermore, in order to offer more flexible and more customer-oriented logistics solutions, we are now working with the Morneau Group for transportation and logistics services between Quebec and Ontario.
Consequently, we are extremely pleased to offer you the same great service with three (3) different shipping options, effective as of Friday December 3rd, 2021:
1) Direct shipment:
As already in place, orders can be shipped direct to your location of choice from our Pointe-Claire Distribution Centre (collect with the customer’s preferred carrier or prepaid by Sika, as negotiated with your Sika Representative).
2) New: Cross-docking to Morneau Transport’s Terminal, Mississauga
- New pick-up address: Morneau Terminal: 6130 Netherhart Road, Mississauga, ON L5T 1B7 (only 2.5 km from our former location).
- Pick-up procedures:
- Lead time for order preparation is 24 hours. For example, an order entered into the system on the 6th will ship on the 7th for pick up at Morneau’s terminal on the 8th.
- Cross dock orders to ship nightly to our 3rd party partner, Morneau Transport.
- All cross-dock orders shipped need to be picked up on the day of arrival for legal requirements pertaining to the storage of dangerous goods. Pick up window is from 9 am – 4 pm Monday to Friday.
- Customer needs to arrive at Morneau dispatch with the delivery number of the shipment they are picking up. Dispatch will confirm at which door the order is to be loaded.
Note that in order to facilitate this transition, a Sika employee will be on site at Morneau’s terminal, for a period of two (2) weeks, from 9 am – 2 pm from December 5th – 17th.
3) Cross-docking to Sika – King Brantford plant
- Pickup-location: Sika – King Brantford plant: 541 Oak Park Rd. in Brantford, ON N3T 5L8.
- Service availability: Cross-dock shipments to Brantford will initially be available twice a week: Tuesday & Thursday shipments from Pointe-Claire for Wednesday Friday pick ups in Brantford. As cross dock volumes to Brantford increase, so will the frequency of shipments.
- Pick-up procedures:
- Lead time for order preparation is 24 hours. For example, an order entered into the system on the 6th will ship on the 7th for pick up in Brantford on the 8th.
- All cross-dock orders shipped need to be picked up on the day of arrival for legal requirements pertaining to the storage of dangerous goods. Pick up window is from 8 am – 3 pm Monday to Friday.
- Expansion of warehousing in Brantford is beginning in January 2022 and we will have full warehousing capabilities by the end of Q3 2022 at our Brantford location.
Note to our Roofing Customers: We are excited to officially announce that our Brantford location will become the primary stocking warehouse for Ontario Roofing materials, effective January 3rd, 2022. Insulation, membranes, and accessories will be available for pick up and delivery to all clients following the same order procedures currently in existence for the Ontario market. Sika Canada will be a full-service provider for roofing materials in Ontario with a central geography for all our Ontario customers.
Further details on additional new Toronto distributors of Sika Canada Roofing products will be announced in 2022 as agreements are finalized.
We truly value your business, and the aim of these changes is to improve our business relationship. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or need additional information.
Executive Vice President-Operations